Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lastest News on Someone Like Me -

Hi Everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I wanted to give you an update on everything that is going on with Someone Like Me.

- I just received word from my publisher that Someone Like Me will be available for download onto Kindle/Nook and IPad late next week (15 October). Many of my readers have asked for this and I am very excited to soon offer this capability for you. As a career Navy man, I can just imagine sailors onboard ship or troops deployed overseas downloading my memoir onto their e-readers. Amazing! I will post another update when the exact date is firmed up. Thanks for all your patience,

- I will be speaking at the Tucson Veteran Administation Building on Thursday, 14 October at 1130 as part of Mental Health Awareness Week. There will be live music, food and much more. I hope you can stop by and say hello.

- I will be traveling back to my home state of Michigan to speak at the University of Michigan's Investing in Ability Week. I will be speaking on 27 October at 1:30pm. Here is a link with all the details. I am honored to be asked to share a few thoughts and I hope to see you there.

http://www.lib.umich.edu/gallery/events/someonelikeme

- On Saturday, 6 November, I am honored to take part of the 2010 Flag Still Stands For Freedom Veteran's Day Virtual Telethon. I am scheduled to be on at 1000 EST. Here is a link to provide you with more details of what I am sure will be a great event!

http://flagstillstandsforfreedom.com/2010/08/23/someone-like-me/

- For all my San Diego friends, I will be in Coronado the week of 8 November. Having spent a good portion of my Navy career in San Diego, it will be great to be back to a place I consider a second home. Hope to see many of my friends during my stay. While in town, I will be addressing the Special Education Parents Advisory Committee (SEPAC) during their monthly meeting. The November meeting is scheduled for 9 November at 5:30pm. Here is a link with more details.

http://coronadosepac.blogspot.com/

- Attention Tucson! Mark your calendars for 10 December! That is when I will be having a book signing at Golds Gym (North) from 8am-10:30am. If you remember, I had a signing at Golds back in April, and it was a blast! The Golds Gym staff have been great in their support of Someone Like Me and I thank them for this opportunity. Books will be on sale for 15.00 (cash/check) and they will make a great Christmas gift for a friend or family member. Here is a link to the Golds Gym (North) location.

http://www.goldsgym.com/gyms/index.php?gymID=0694

That's it for updates! Thanks for all the cards, letters, Facebook postings and Tweets - You all are amazing and I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy lives to contact me to say how much Someone Like Me has meant to you. Please continue to tell your friends, family and co-workers and have a wonderful night!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment