Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sea Cadet uses Someone Like Me as motivation - Named Sea Cadet of the Year!

I received this email today and was so proud of this young man that I have to share! Well Done, Matthew!

Senior Chief Quinn,

I'm not sure if you remember me or not Chief, but I am the Sea Cadet with CP who contacted you a couple of months ago. Today I received a medal from the Navy League and was named Cadet of the Year for my unit and I felt I owed it to you to tell you how much your story has helped me to push myself. Despite opposition from some officers I was able to attend cadet boot camp this past summer and Petty Officer Leadership Academy at the Senior Enlisted Academy this winter, which due in large part to you I was the Honor Graduate of my company at. Knowing that there is a precedent for what I am trying to accomplish and having such a fantastic role model like you has inspired me more than you could know. Whenever I am daunted by the difficulty of my situation I can be eased by your accomplishments. I want to sincerely thank you for forging a path for me and perhaps increasing my chances of being accepted into the actual Navy one day. Thank you very much Chief.


Sincerely,
Seaman Matthew BeDugnis USNSCC

www.johnwquinn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment